What is Exercise Physiology in the NDIS?
Exercise Physiology is an allied service that involves physical movement for muscle conditioning. Exercise Physiology can increase mobility and general health. At Ability Partners, we use exercise and movement to improve your fitness, build physical strength and manage chronic conditions.
Every program is personalised to your NDIS goals – designed to build capacity with a safe, practicable and enjoyable approach. We’re here to show you exercises that self-manage your condition.
How does Exercise Physiology help?
An Exercise Physiology program can help:
- Improve physical health, mental wellbeing and self-esteem
- Increase your capability to self-manage your condition
- Strengthen mobility and conditions muscles
- Achieve levels of independence as part of your NDIS goals.
An assessment allows us to develop a tailored program for you.
Our Exercise Physiologists will look at:
- Your movement
- Your posture and balance
- Your levels of fitness and physical strength
- Your current diet and lifestyle habits
- Your medication and health, such as cardiovascular and respiratory levels
- Any other factors, such as your primary and/or secondary diagnosis.
Who can benefit from Exercise Physiology?
Exercise Physiologists can treat NDIS participants with the following conditions:
- Physical disability
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy or multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain.
Exercise and movement can contribute to overall good health and is encouraged. Everyone is different – the type of program for you is based on individual needs and aims.
Am I covered for NDIS Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiology services are a part of your NDIS plan if:
- Your existing conditions impairs physical movement
- Your goals include moving more independently and building strength. For example, you’re seeking to participate in physical activities like fitness or community sport.
- Your diagnosis makes it difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
Allied Health services funded within your NDIS Capacity Building Supports budget. Exercise Physiology comes under the ‘Improved Daily Living’ and/or ‘Improved Health and Wellbeing’ categories.
What can I expect?
We provide exceptional personalised care through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our team is made up of qualified Exercise Physiologists. Simply put, we’re here to show you exercises that self-manage your condition.